- "Maybe you're a natural witch, your power comes from within"
- —Lirio to Sarah Bailey
Sarah was born on June 2, 1980 to the parents of Mr. and Mrs. Bailey. During childbirth, Sarah's mother died. When Sarah was 16, she moved from her former home in San Francisco to Los Angeles where she befriended a group of three girls roumored to be witches. The girls reveal to Sarah that they are practitoners of witchcraft and need a fourth person in their coven so they'll be complete, and Bonnie believes that Sarah is the one. Sarah reluctently joins their circle and from there, things downspiral. People are killed and ultimately, Sarah is faced to battle those who she thought were her friends.
Sarah is very beautiful and fair. She has wavy brown [honey] hair and jade green eyes. Sarah is very strong willed and independent, but may come off as shy. Sarah is the last member to join the coven as she is a "natural witch", possessing powers that come from within. She is very intelligent and quick whitted as well.
Through out the course of the movie, Sarah has only had one romantic relationship. She had a slight interest in Chris, but after refusing to have sex with him, he spread a lie around school that the two slept together anyway. Sarah retaliated by casting a love spell on him.
Powers and abilitiesEditSarah is a powerful "natural" witch, giving her the ability to access very powerful magic. Unlike Nancy, Bonnie and Rochelle, she uses magic from internal forces and utilizes that. Sarah is capable of performing glamours, an illusion so real that it is to fool any on-looker, as explained by Rochelle. She is also able to cast spells, most notably, a love spell on Chris in retaliation. Not only can Sarah do that, but she can perform and project incredible magical characteristics like telekinesis, levitation, weather manipulation and more. Sarah has shown to have "real" power that is beyond the other girls. Since Sarah is a blood witch, she may be immune to the powers of other witches.
In the beginning of the film, Sarah displayed the ability to telekinetically rotate a penicl on it's tip, although, at that point she did not realize she was a witch. Later, with the combined power of her, Nancy, Bonnie and Rochelle, Sarah caused a car to run over a vagrant that stalked Sarah. She revealed to her three friends that when she wants it to be quiet, she'll go deaf for three days straight and when she wants it to rain that a pipe will burst in her room, showing that she's had these abilities for quite some time.
- Magic: The ability to connect with mystical forces of nature and bend the universe to her liking.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects and people with one's mind.
- Levitation: The ability to rise; suspend above the ground—similar to flying.
- Glamouring: The ability to cast illusions that appear real, but aren't; the ability to conceal the true form of something.
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to create and manipulate fire and heat.
- Weather manipulation: The ability to manipulate weather patterns.
- Spell casting: The ability to cast spells.
Entering the circleEditUpon arriving to Los Angeles form her former home in San Francisco, Sarah joins a coven, lead by Nancy, a witch hungered for power. Rochelle is constantly attacked by Laura, a racist bully. Bonnie so desperately wants to be normal and pretty, but feels restricted by the burn scars she developed in her childhood. Sarah reluctantly joins their circle, but the more powers they get, the more they begin to turn on each other. Sarah ultimately left the circle after varioius killings commited by Nancy. In the end, Sarah bound the powers of the girls for their misuse of their magical abilities.
Relax... it's only magic. Now who's pathetic?
Manon. He came to me. Saved me. Oh, and by the way. He wanted me to give you a message. You're in big shit. He says you've abused the gifts that he's given you, and now you're going to have to pay the price.
Hey, Chris. Fuck you!
Click here to see the Sarah Bailey gallery.
- Her birthday is June 2, 1980.
- Robin Tunney was 25 at the time of making this film.
- She is 17, but is never seen driving or even having a car.
- She was the closest to Nancy until Nancy's power surge.
- She was a victim of Chris—like Nancy
- She was portrayed by Robin Tunney.
- She performed a healing spell on Bonnie.
- She didn't share much dialogue with Rochelle.
- At the time of shooting the film, Robin Tunney's hair was a inch long after filming a previous film where she needed to shave her head. Throughout filming, Robin had to wear a wig.
- She is one of the three blood witches in the film. The others being Lirio and her mother.