Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nancy Downs is a troubled, ruthless teenager who exhibits no supernatural powers until united with Sarah, the completion to her coven consisting of her, Bonnie, Rochelle and Sarah.
Nancy was born on the 29th of January in 1980 to Grace Downs and an unnamed father. At some point in Nancy's life, her father left her and her mother to fend for themeselves. Years later, her mother married another man, Ray Sanders, who Nancy didn't exactly warm to. He often made inappropriate remarks to her and irritated her.
When Nancy began high school in 1994 or 1995, she befriended two girls: Bonnie Daniels and Rochelle Gordon. The three shared a mutual interest in witchcraft, so they formed a coven. They exhibited no supernatural powers until the arrival of a natural witch, Sarah Bailey.
Bonnie, who catches Sarah using magic in class, tells Nancy that Sarah is the fourth girl to complete their coven. But Nancy shrugs her off by telling her that they don't need a fourth person. Finally, Nancy gives in to Bonnie'stheory and introduces herself to Sarah. Nancy, Bonnie and Rochelle take Sarah to an Occult Shop, which the trio visit frequently, and this is how Sarah discovers that the three girls are practicing witches. When the same vagrant begins to harass Sarah, the four girls share a thought; a car would hit the vagrant and it did, leading Nancy to believe that with Sarah the quad, capable of actual supernatural abilites, which goes to Nancy's head. Nancy begins to devle deeper and deeper that her addiction for absolute power consumes her that she invokes the deity, Manon. Lirio stated that Nancy took this invocation to a dark place, using the power she was channeling the darkside of Manon, allowing Nancy to kill Chris and Ray, causing Nancy to go insane and attempts to use her powers to kill Sarah. Sarah, who also invoked Manon, binds Nancy form doing harm which eliminated her abilities forever, leaving her insane and locked deep in a mental institution.
Nancy was shown to be a troubled, mentally unstable girl, becoming increasingly unhinged and self-absorbed as the film progressed. Nancy could often be rude, aggressive and anti-social. She had few friends and didn't seem to trust people much; however, considering her upbringing and the way her peers generally treated her, it is hardly surprising. Nancy does show kindness towards those she cares for, such as warning Sarah about Chris and befriending Rochelle when she first moved to the neighborhood. She does have a somewhat questionable sense of morality even in the beginning, seeing nothing wrong with stealing, being disrespectful towards authority figures and her mother, or ordering around her friends. She rarely listens to advice and can be brash and arrogant. Nancy becomes increasingly power-hungry and detached from reality. She becomes far less empathetic, even treating her coven-sisters coldly and being willing to harm or kill anyone she saw either as a threat, or that she simply disliked. Nancy craved power and recognition from Manon, but had no real respect for the laws of magic, abusing her gifts and turning on her friends. Ultimately, this resulted in her being stripped of her power and going completely insane.
Nancy is a Goth Girl. She has jet black hair cut-short, slate grey eyes, and pale skin. She often wears maroon lipstick with black eyeliner and is commonly shown wearing black clothes or her school uniform and cross earrings. Nancy is not afraid to get in trouble, as she loves the thrill of it. Nancy dreams of getting a lot of power, but feels she doesn't need anyone to get it. She has short black hair which she pulls back into a ponytail or pigtails, or sometimes curls.
Chris Hooker Offscreen, Nancy and Chris used to date. However, Chris only used her for sex, gave her a STD, dumped her and spread rumor around school saying that she's a whore who gave him STDs. Nancy warned Sarah about Chris's womanizing demeanor, "He spreads disease. I know, I speak from a personal experience... HE'S A JERK!" Being bullied at school because of his lies caused a deep hatred towards Chris and the entire school. Eventually, Nancy used the glamour spell, disguised herself as Sarah, tricks Chris into having sex with her, and then used her telekinesis powers to push him out the window.
Ray Sanders is Nancy's step-dad after Nancy's biological dad left her offscreen. Ray and Nancy don't have a very loving relationship as Ray often makes inappropreate remarks to Nancy which offends her. Ray also was abusive to Nancy's mother, Grace, which makes Nancy angry, eventually Nancy used her powers to give Ray a heart attack.
When Sarah Bailey first arrived in L.A, Nancy didn't consider her to be "the fourth" as Bonnie said. But when Sarah displayed magical powers, Nancy instantly warmed to her as she found Sarah as a catalyst to access her full powers. In the beginning of the film, the two were very good friends, but when Nancy began to abuse her magic, Sarah became frightened of Nancy's hunger for more and more power. Eventually, Sarah had to strip Nancy and her powers for good, leaving Nancy completely insane.
Powers and AbilitesEdit
In the beginning, Nancy had no powers until Sarah completed the coven. As a witch, Nancy is a capable of performing spells and glamours as well as projecting and performing incredible magical features. It was implied in early in the film, and in the shooting script, that the abilities Nancy displayed before invoking Manon were merely a result of her leaching Sarah's power.
When Nancy successfully invokes Manon, she is channeling all of his power, giving her incredibly powerful abilites.
Nancy is no longer capable of these powers due to Sarah binding them because of her misuse of them.
- Magic: The ability to connect with the mystical forces of nature and bend the universe to her liking whether it be the laws of reality, manipulation of luck, probability and science, jinxing people and making incidents and occurences fall into place. This can be used with concentration of the mind, meditation, conjuring and invoking spirits and supernatural energies and using occultic and spiritual tools and resourses including rituals and chants for numerous affects.
- Magic channeling: The ability to channel magical forces from nature, supernatural energies, objects, spirits, locations and other beings through the use of chants, rituals, meditation even concentration of the mind in order to manifest. Nancy used this ability to latch on to Sarah because of her magical talents to strengthen her own little by little when they started their little gatherings and witchcraft activities.This can also strengthen spells for a change in outcomes and effects and can strengthen the powers of one's self and others the user chooses.
- Telekinesis: The ability to move, shape, connect, rearrange, disfigure and alter the properties and materials of objects, the environment and individuals with one's mind.
- Divination: The ability to gain knowledge and insight from the past, present, future, an event, a person, an area or an object through means of the psychic mind, rituals, spiritual or occultic materials and items or supernatural communication.
- Levitation: The ability to suspend above the ground or to fly anywhere.
- Aerokinesis: The ability to create, shape and manipulate wind and air that includes controling gusts and flow making the wind stronger or softer, colder or warmer and creating tornadoes.
- Glamouring: The ability to conceal the true form of an object or person. Contains both the power of illusion casting and shapeshifting.
- Spiritualship: The ability to visually concept, percieve, summon and communicate with the deceased and other spiritual beings connected to many astral realms. This can be used to make deals, gain insight of people, situations and events and gain intuition. This can grant astral vision and detection.
- Spell casting: The ability to cast spells and enchantments through rituals, incantations, meditation and the use of magical properties, resources and spiritual energies for a variety of affects.
- Astral projection: The ability to project one self's spirit, consiousness and soul into the astral plane and spirit realms anywhere including the realm of the living even keeping the attributes and powers of one self.
- Pyrokinesis: The ability to manipulate and create fire whether it be color, shape, heat energy, constructs and forms of projection.
- Teleportation: The ability to instantaniously move from one space, direction, location or area from one place to another. This can also be used on other people and objects. Nancy can use this power silently and can warp into an unseen dark shadow.
- Weather manipulation: The ability to manipulate the nature and properties of the weather patterns.
- Technopathy: The ability to manipulate technology, devices and gadgets or any machinery that has electrons or electro magnetic fields.
- Telepathy: The ability to read the thoughts of others and enter another's mind and gain insight on memories, ideas, secrets, past experiences and knowledge from them.
- Dream manipulation/entering: The ability to enter and control another's dreams to alter another's emotion, memory or mood. The user can even do mental and physical harm.
Nancy is responsible for the deaths or attempted murders of several people, including:
- Homeless man (caused a car to hit him, with Sarah, Rochelle and Bonnie's help; unknown if he died)
- Ray Sanders (caused him to a have heart attack; could be regarded as self-defense, given that he had tried to attack her and her mother, and had apparently been abusing them for years)
- Chris Hooker (telekinetically pushed him out of a window)
- Sarah Bailey (attempted; terrorised her, tricked her into thinking her parents were dead in an attempt to get her to commit suicide; slashed her wrists with a knife and tried to stab her)
Back in the old days. If a witch betrayed her coven... they would kill her.
Punk rock, let's go
Listen lady, I'm a big girl, now please, just sell me the book
- She was born January 29, 1980.
- She is 16-years-old.
- She is the only one to drive.
- She is a Goth Girl.
- It is possible she may be bisexual, given some of the sexual remarks she makes towards or about women in the film.
- ↑ Lost her powers due to misuse of them